Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Time Well Spent

There just aren't enough hours in the day.  I'm sure we've all both heard and said that before.  Right now, my heart and mind are so focused on writing, but my body has to go to work, taking those things with it.  I try to squeeze in 15 minutes of writing here, 30 minutes of writing there, but seems like just when I get on a roll, it's time to stop.  Like now, I only have a few more minutes, then I *have* to get ready for work.  Tonight, I'll be typing and have to stop because it will be time for supper, or bed, or something.  There's always something.  Instead of beating myself up over it though, I'm going to be proud of myself for at least making more time to write.  Even in a few minutes a day, I've made progress.  I was hoping to be finished compiling the poems for my e-book by now, but no, not yet; however, I've made baby steps in that general direction.

I decided this past weekend to devote several hours to my writing.  My husband took his two daughters fishing for most of the day, and instead of subjecting my sensitive skin and allergies to the elements, I stayed home to write.  And I write I did...for a little while...until my daughter asked if she could watch some episodes of "Lost" in the living room via our Roku (a device that allows you to access Netflix, Amazon Video, etc. through your TV).  I'm not ashamed to say that I sat right there in the living room with her and watched a few episodes of "Lost".  We talked and laughed.  I cooked her favorite lunch and we pigged out.  It wasn't writing, but it was time well spent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment